Saturday, 15 February 2014

Key elements I need to include

Key elements i need to include in my final project

- Balance between target audience
Dont be to upper class and too corporate when creating the website design, make sure it reaches out to younger students in an efficient and appropriate way but still imply its       university and its a privilege to be part of the experience

- Include unique history/landmarks related to the town/city
Like the William and Mary website including the colours and its old fashioned style maybe something similar can be used such as the cathedral in worcester, or also an old fashioned style as worcester is a small peaceful town, any elements relating to this can be used in a creative way and incorporated into the design effectively.

- Easy accessibility
If a website looks great but is extremely difficult to understand and navigate/switch from page to page then it isn't a good design. One way to enhance the accessibility is maybe having two navigation bars. This could lead to having two different themed versions depending who is using the site - students who are exploring the perspective of joining the uni and student users who are already at the uni. The two nav bars can also be on the same page as an alternative both ideas can be used in different creative ways to add a different and new element to the website.

- Colour scheme
Worcester university has a trademark colour it uses for sports teams and societies aswell as the city uses in various other events and competitions. This is common with most universities and is an element students like to be apart of especially to show their support and how proud they are of their university lifestyle. I need to use the colours effectively and Worcester colour is mainly white and blue however the blue can be used on other colours such as black/grey. The amount of blue i intend to use will be minimum however I will include enough of the colour so it is clearly represented as the trademark university colour.

- Homepage pictures
homepages in the past tend to only have one picture but a feature that is very popular in modern web design is the use of sliders and other similar web layouts. I plan to use a slide as I believe it is a very effective way of advertising and portraying more than one message in a small space. I know that personally myself when I am on a website and i see a slider with 3 or 4 images i tend to scroll through each one before leaving the page so purely down to personal experience I plan to use this in my design.


No comments:

Post a Comment